Re: docbook-apps RE: FO, FOP and PDF

> The major limitation we've found with FOP is it's lack of support
> for "keeps".  If you're OK with having a section or figure title at
> the bottom of a page with the information it's "titling" on the next
> page, FOP will probably be OK.

I still haven't found a free tool that doesn't do this.  Not FOP, not
by going to RTF and letting a word processor handle the layout, and
I've heard rumors that PassiveTeX has limited support for keeps as
well (I haven't checked this for ages).

Does anyone have an idea why keeps seems to be so hard to do?  I could
understand it if it was a problem in one particular tool, but if
several tools have this problem, is there some underlying problem?

Hm... newsflash... seems like the situation with PassiveTeX have
improved since I last looked at it:
	http://sources.redhat.com/ml/docbook-apps/2002-q2/msg00282.html

Hm.. the home page says on keep-with-next "Done in theory, not working
100%".
	http://www.tei-c.org.uk/Software/passivetex/