Announce: DocBook DSSSL Stylesheets V1.78

Thanks to Adam Di Carlo for all his hard work on getting this release
ready.

Changes since version 1.77 (2002-07-07)

Changes to dsssl/*

  | 2003-02-20  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* Makefile: don't distrib empty debian dir and *.orig
  |
  | 2003-02-19  Norman Walsh <nwalsh at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* VERSION: Version 1.78 released.
  |
  | 2002-12-16  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* .cvsignore: ignorables, esp stuff built by debian/rules
  |
  | 2002-08-08  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* Makefile: 'doc' target uses bin subdir, clean target
  | 	  additional goes into print, html, and bin
  |
  | 	* catalog: appropriate DTDDECL for dtds/html/dbhtml.dcl
  | 	  (merging in Debian changes)
  |
  | 2002-08-07  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* README.CVS: some more information in the 'Installation'
  | 	  section

Changes to dsssl/bin/*

  | 2003-01-19  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* collateindex.pl: fix from Tim Waugh for when the same
  | 	  indexterm has too different seealso's, where currently
  | 	  script produces invalid SGML/XML; fixes bug #551318
  |
  | 2002-12-16  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* .cvsignore: New file.
  |
  | 2002-08-08  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* Makefile: New file.

Changes to dsssl/common/*

  | 2003-01-15  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* dbcommon.dsl: make <section> appear correctly in the PDF
  | 	  bookmark hierarchy; also fix font size selection for section
  | 	  titles corrects sourceforge bugs 589247 and 524028; patch
  | 	  from Carsten Haese appreciated
  |
  | 2002-12-20  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* dbl1en.dsl: fix up some case-folding incidents
  |
  | 2002-08-07  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* Makefile: dbl1he.ent doesn't exist, was breaking build

Changes to dsssl/docsrc/*

  | 2003-01-04  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* docbook.sgm: setting some IDs
  |
  | 2002-12-22  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* doc.dsl: roll back rev 1.2, it was a mistake
  |
  | 2002-12-20  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* doc.dsl: use relative references for the print and html
  | 	  stylesheets, so you don't have to have the dsssl catalogs in
  | 	  place in order to build
  |
  | 2002-12-16  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* common-version.sgm, common.sgm, html-version.sgm, html.sgm,
  | 	  lib-version.sgm, lib.sgm, print-version.sgm, print.sgm:
  | 	  references to ChangeLog should be relative
  |
  | 2002-11-27  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* otherdoc.sgm: fix location of the DocBook FAQ

Changes to dsssl/html/*

> [...]
  | 	  attributes on HTML tables, conditional on HTML4 support
  | 	  being on. The following cases in table.006.xml are now
  | 	  fixed: outer edit (table frame but no rowsep nor colseps);
  | 	  rows (frame is topbot, rowsep but no colsep); columns; tic
  | 	  tac toc (no frame, colsep and rowsep). Note we still have no
  | 	  way (yet) to override colsep/rowsep in either colspec or in
  | 	  the individual rows, but I'm working on colspec -> colgroup.
  |
  | 2003-02-07  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* dbblock.dsl: move the anchor closer to the content in
  | 	  informal-objects; no way to get around empty A element in
  | 	  this case
  |
  | 	* dbsect.dsl, dbttlpg.dsl: "<a></a>title" changes to
  | 	  "<a>title</a>" -- weblint says we should avoid empty A
  | 	  elements
  |
  | 	* dbtable.dsl: fix a div-by-zero error identified in
  | 	  informaltable.015.xml; would cause loss of a table header
  | 	  column in some cases
  |
  | 2003-01-21  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* dbblock.dsl: formal and informal objects reset the
  | 	  processing mode, this closes Debian#79432f; so
  | 	  <bookinfo><productname> is still in special mode, but
  | 	  <bookinfo><legalnotice><productname> is not; test is
  | 	  legalnotice.001.xml
  |
  | 2003-01-20  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* dbgraph.dsl: correct this error: html/dbgraph.dsl:68:1:E:
  | 	  1st argument for primitive "append" of wrong type:
  | 	  "#<unknown object 146207544>" not a list, fix and report
  | 	  from Christopher B. Browne
  |
  | 2003-01-15  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* dbadmon.dsl, dbautoc.dsl, dbbibl.dsl, dbblock.dsl,
  | 	  dbcallou.dsl, dbcompon.dsl, dbdivis.dsl, dbefsyn.dsl,
  | 	  dbfootn.dsl, dbgloss.dsl, dbgraph.dsl, dbhtml.dsl,
  | 	  dbindex.dsl, dbinfo.dsl, dbinline.dsl, dblink.dsl,
  | 	  dblists.dsl, dblot.dsl, dbmath.dsl, dbmsgset.dsl,
  | 	  dbprocdr.dsl, dbrfntry.dsl, dbsect.dsl, dbsynop.dsl,
  | 	  dbtable.dsl, dbtitle.dsl, dbttlpg.dsl, dbverb.dsl,
  | 	  docbook.dsl: update docbook URL to
  | 	  http://docbook.sourceforge.net/projects/dsssl/; N.B.: credit
  | 	  for the group option and repeating goes to John Daily
  |
  | 	* dblink.dsl: xref to varlistentry using the term, patch from
  | 	  Jens Emmerich; closes bug 520561
  |
  | 	* dbsynop.dsl: Patch #562401 <group choice="opt"
  | 	  rep="repeat">, elipsis should be outside of group, reference
  | 	  test cmdsynopsis.003
  |
  | 2003-01-14  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* dbblock.dsl: define a $remark$ function, unifying comment
  | 	  and remark element rendering; remarks within paras are now
  | 	  rendering using a span rather than p so they mark up as
  | 	  inline text decoration
  |
  | 2002-12-16  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* dbblock.dsl, dbparam.dsl: %epigraph-start-col% and
  | 	  %epigraph-content-col% allows customization of epigraph
  | 	  positioning; %blockquote-start-col% and %blockquote-end-col%
  | 	  parameters allows customization of the whitespace around

Changes to dsssl/print/*

  | 2003-02-17  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* dbblock.dsl, dbtitle.dsl: More cases where
  | 	  process-children-trim should be used.
  |
  | 	* dbcompon.dsl: Add some comments in the ARTICLE element.
  |
  | 	* dblists.dsl: In process-listitem-content replace
  | 	  (process-node-list (children (current-node))) with
  | 	  (process-children-trim) -- we need to be trimming
  | 	  whitespace. Some retabbing.
  |
  | 	* dbprint.dsl: $paragraph$ should use (process-children-trim);
  | 	  this fixes a space indent in RTF output on all PARAs marked
  | 	  up like: <para> Content ...
  |
  | 	* dbtable.dsl: Remove the %cals-cell-before-column-margin%
  | 	  hack for TeX backend, it's not needed anymore.
  |
  | 2003-02-13  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* dbblock.dsl: element footnote/para uses default-text-style;
  | 	  set lines: wrap for the case of endnotes within verbatim
  | 	  'asis' environments, but it doesn't seem to actually help
  | 	  (cf test programlisting.004)
  |
  | 2003-02-07  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* dbttlpg.dsl: some space over copyright; fixes Bug #542681
  |
  | 2003-01-21  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* dbparam.dsl: correct discussion of possible settings for
  | 	  %paper-type% and %visual-acuity%
  |
  | 2003-01-15  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* dbadmon.dsl, dbautoc.dsl, dbblock.dsl, dbcallou.dsl,
  | 	  dbdivis.dsl, dbefsyn.dsl, dbgloss.dsl, dbgraph.dsl,
  | 	  dbindex.dsl, dbinfo.dsl, dbinline.dsl, dblink.dsl,
  | 	  dblists.dsl, dblot.dsl, dbmath.dsl, dbmsgset.dsl,
  | 	  dbprint.dsl, dbprocdr.dsl, dbrfntry.dsl, dbsect.dsl,
  | 	  dbsynop.dsl, dbtable.dsl, dbtitle.dsl, dbverb.dsl,
  | 	  docbook.dsl, notoc.dsl, plain.dsl: update docbook URL to
  | 	  http://docbook.sourceforge.net/projects/dsssl/; N.B.: credit
  | 	  for the group option and repeating goes to John Daily
  |
  | 	* dbblock.dsl, dbparam.dsl: parameters for
  | 	  %formal-object-title-font-weight% %table-title-font-weight%,
  | 	  reviewed and tested, sourceforge patch #599366
  |
  | 	* dblink.dsl: xref to varlistentry using the term, patch from
  | 	  Jens Emmerich; closes bug 520561
  |
  | 	* dbsect.dsl: make <section> appear correctly in the PDF
  | 	  bookmark hierarchy; also fix font size selection for section
  | 	  titles corrects sourceforge bugs 589247 and 524028; patch
  | 	  from Carsten Haese appreciated
  |
  | 	* dbsynop.dsl: Patch #562401 <group choice="opt"
  | 	  rep="repeat">, elipsis should be outside of group, reference
  | 	  test cmdsynopsis.003
  |
  | 2002-12-16  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* dbblock.dsl, dbparam.dsl: %epigraph-start-indent% and
  | 	  %epigraph-end-indent% parameters allows customization of
  | 	  epigraph positioning; %blockquote-start-indent% and
  | 	  %blockquote-end-indent% parameters allows customization
  | 	  control of the blockquote positioning
  |
  | 2002-08-08  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* Makefile: clean rule

Changes to dsssl/debian/*

> [...]
  | 	  other variables in siteconfig.dsl
  |
  | 2003-02-04  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* changelog, config, templates: also make make the following
  | 	  debconf questions low priority: use-id-as-filename,
  | 	  body-start-indent, title-font family; change some
  | 	  multiselects into select; closes: #179554
  |
  | 2003-01-23  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* changelog: changes so far
  |
  | 	* changelog, rules:
  | 	  /usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/dsssl/modular/README
  | 	  symlink to README in the docs; closes: Debian#149880
  |
  | 	* config: allow priorities to be specified; priority for
  | 	  html-ext set to low, closes: Debian#178003
  |
  | 	* postinst.m4: fix a quoting problem, seems to affect
  | 	  multi-word values, though I don't know what people are doing
  | 	  with multi-word values; closes: Debian#178020
  |
  | 2003-01-22  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* changelog, postinst.m4, rules: more minor bugfixes here;
  | 	  finalizing for Debian release
  |
  | 2003-01-21  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* .cvsignore, changelog, config, control, html-siteconfig.dsl,
  | 	  postinst.m4, print-siteconfig.dsl, rules, templates: stop
  | 	  providing obsolete docbook-stylesheets; build doesn't
  | 	  require m4 anymore, use Perl; debconf'iscate some common
  | 	  settings; debconf will ask to set papersize automatically
  | 	  using LC_PAPER, closes: Debian#51992; define local
  | 	  configuration files where debconf and user configuration
  | 	  goes, /etc/sgml/docbook-dsssl/{print,html}/siteconfig.dsl
  |
  | 	* changelog, postinst.m4, rules: cleaning up some bugs I
  | 	  introduced in today's changes
  |
  | 	* changelog, postrm, prerm: proper purge handling now
  |
  | 	* freebsd.dsl: update to rev 1.68
  |
  | 	* html-docbook-hacker.sed, print-docbook-hacker.sed, rules:
  | 	  since we use siteconfig.dsl in Debian pkgs now, we have to
  | 	  hack the two docbook.dsl files we ship to include that as an
  | 	  external stylesheet (but obviously I don't want to touch the
  | 	  official ones)
  |
  | 	* postinst: cosmetic
  |
  | 	* postinst: remove this file which isn't supposed to be in CVS
  |
  | 	* postinst, postinst: turn off verboseness, cosmetics
  |
  | 	* postinst.m4: remove /etc/sgml/M4package.cat cruft
  |
  | 	* postinst.m4: argh, lets try turning off the verboseness
  | 	  again
  |
  | 2003-01-20  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* control: update the pkg description
  |
  | 	* control: Policy compliance updated to 3.5.8, no changes
  | 	  needed
  |
  | 2002-12-29  Norman Walsh <nwalsh at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* README.debian: Updates
  |
  | 2002-12-16  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* .cvsignore: New file.
  |
  | 2002-11-27  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* changelog, control: remove build depends on the following:
  | 	  libdelimmatch-perl, sun-resolver, lib-saxon-java,
  | 	  libxerces-java, imagemagick, tetex-bin, gs, gsfonts, jade |
  | 	  openjade These pkgs are only for building from CVS, not the
  | 	  source distribution; closes: #156153
  |
  | 2002-11-26  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* changelog: historical change on 1.77, matching up with what
  | 	  is in Debian
  |
  | 2002-08-08  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* changelog: 1.77-1
  |
  | 	* rules: 'clean' shouldn't clean files which are distributed
  | 	  with docbook-dsssl -- maybe we need to distinguish between
  | 	  clean rules and maintainer-clean; remove an old test target
  |
  | 2002-08-07  Adam Di Carlo <adicarlo at users dot sourceforge dot net>
  |
  | 	* changelog: new upstream version for 1.77

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

- --
Norman Walsh <ndw at nwalsh dot com>      | The last act is bloody, however
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | fine the rest of the play. They
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | throw earth over your head and it