Re: Re: Footnote and ulink's in Acrobat Reader PDFscreated by openjade

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Doug du Boulay wrote:

> > > I'm not using any stylesheet (at least not now).

> > Actually, his fix does the opposite thing - it makes sure a ulink marked
> > with htmlonly is not rendered as a ulink in the PDF... And I want my
> > ulinks to be hyperlinks in the PDF as well.
> >

> Ah crap. I misunderstood the latex \url{} command!
> ok. did some experimenting.
> The following seems to work for me (only in print/tex/ you understand)
>
> (declare-flow-object-class formatting-instruction
>   "UNREGISTERED::James Clark//Flow Object Class::formatting-instruction")
>
> (element ulink
>   (let ((type (attribute-string (normalize "type"))))
>     (if (equal? type "htmlonly")
>       (sosofo-append
>         (process-children)                ;; Wrote the text
>       )
>       (sosofo-append
>         (make formatting-instruction  data: "\\href{" )
>         (literal (attribute-string (normalize "url")) )
>         (make formatting-instruction  data: "}{" )
>         (process-children) ;; Wrote the text with its format (HTML anchor)
>         (make formatting-instruction  data: "}" ) )
>     )
>   )
> )
>
> Then a latex \href{url}{text}  seems to rendered in a beautiful shade of puke!
> no idea how to change that.

Works for me as well. However, URLs that include _ or - are appended a /
before each such element. This breaks a lot of my URLs.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish        shlomif at vipe dot technion dot ac dot il

My opinions may seem crazy, but they all make sense. Insane sense, but
sense nonetheless.