Re: Footnote and ulink's in Acrobat Reader PDFs createdby openjade

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Doug du Boulay wrote:

> On Tuesday 25 February 2003 17:40, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm trying to create nice, functional Acrobat Reader PDFs with openjade.
> > (i.e: db2pdf). Now, I get valid PDFs except for the following problems:
> >
> > 1. <footnote>'s are displayed as a number after the text, and I cannot
> > find their text anywhere (nor is the number clickable).
>
> I seem to be getting the same results as you. Having looked at your PDF
> you will find (as I do) that all your footnotes are at the very end of the
> chapter. I haven't checked the stylesheet code yet but I used the following
> definition, without success.
>
> (define %bop-footnotes%
>   ;; Make "bottom-of-page" footnotes?
>   #t)
>
> When you have a hundred odd page chapter and the footnotes all turn up at the
> end (and not at bop!), finding where the notes originate from is rather
> difficult :-/

Actually, it still put the pages at the end of the chapter, which I have
only one. I'd like them to be at the bottom of the page instead. Should I
use endnotes instead? (I don't know the difference between the two)

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

> > 2. <ulink>'s are not clickable or marked in blue.
>
> In case you missed it,  Kevin Dunn just posted a fix for that to the list  a
> few hours ago!
>
> doug

Shlomi Fish        shlomif at vipe dot technion dot ac dot il

My opinions may seem crazy, but they all make sense. Insane sense, but
sense nonetheless.