Re: Turning off "type=disc" attribute in UL

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 04:52:00PM -0500, ed nixon wrote:
> It looks as if the css.decoration parameter tries to control the
> type="disc" attribute output with UL. However, the test doesn't seem to
> have any effect; flipping the value between 1 and 0 makes no difference.
>
> I've checked for single/double quoting issues pretty throughly.
>
> In fact, if I copy the template to my customization layer and chop out
> the entire block as seen between comments, below, the type="disc" is
> *still* output.
>
> Should I be looking somewhere else for list-related behaviours? Why
> isn't my customized version of the itemizedlist template being executed?
>
> Here is the itemized list template from lists.xsl in the html set:
>
> xsl:template match="itemizedlist">
>      <xsl:call-template name="anchor"/>
>      <xsl:if test="title">
>        <xsl:call-template name="formal.object.heading"/>
>      </xsl:if>
>
>      <xsl:apply-templates select="*[not(self::listitem or self::title)]"/>
>
>      <ul>
> <!-- customization = remove attribute and space generation logic
>        <xsl:if test="$css.decoration != 0">
>          <xsl:attribute name="type">
>            <xsl:call-template name="list.itemsymbol"/>
>          </xsl:attribute>
>        </xsl:if>
>
>        <xsl:if test="@spacing='compact'">
>          <xsl:attribute name="compact">
>            <xsl:value-of select="@spacing"/>
>          </xsl:attribute>
>        </xsl:if>
> -->
>        <xsl:apply-templates select="listitem"/>
>      </ul>
> </xsl:template>

Hi Ed,
Something must be wrong with your setup, because both
work for me.  That is, when I process with the html
or xhtml stylesheet and no customizations, I get
type="disc".  When I set css.decoration to 0, I don't
get type="disc".  When I use your customization, I
don't get type="disc".

I'm using XSL 1.60.1 and xsltproc (libxslt 10023).

Are your other customizations working?  Is it possible
there is another match="itemizedlist"?

                                            email: bobs@sco.com