TOC numbering and footnotes

Hi,
When using FOP to convert to PDF chapters are not given a page number in my TOC. The sections of a chapter are numbered, but the chapter page number is blank. What could my problem be? Also, footnotes do not appear as superscripts, but as regular inline numbers. And finally, if I use Saxon to go from XML->FO and then FOP to go from FO->PDF, images in my document do not translate. However, using FOP to go from XML->PDF results in proper image translation, but I need to turn on section numbering and do not know how to do so with FOP. I am using Xerces2 Java Parser 2.3.0, Docbook XSL 1.60.1

I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank You,

Corey

Corey Wells Arnold
Division of Biostatistics
660 S. Euclid Ave. Campus Box 8067