Re: NW-DBK2FO-XSLTs 1.60.1: titlepage doesn't workanymore

Bob Stayton wrote:

It would be awesome if I would to have to edit my.titlepage.templates.xml when upgrading the XSLTs.

The RELEASE-NOTES.html file emphasize that this release
included significant changes to the titlepage mechanism.

I see; sorry for not having read it. But I'm not sure how that helps me.

In the past you strongly encouraged users (people who customize the styles) to use the titlepage mechanism. (actually Norm told me to)

Now I'm not sure if I can use it at all. The file is over 1000 lines of code. To customize styles, I need to edit lines which can be anywhere in that file. Now if I upgrade the XSLT package, how am I supposed to deal with fundamental changes in the format of titlepage.templates.xml?

Making a new copy from the new package and then manually checking what my style customizations were would take a lot of time, and I could miss styles.

I might be able to automate the changes described in RELEASE-NOTES.html, but this might as well break the mechanism in new ways.

I think it's necessary that users can keep one file containing nothing but their overriding/added styles (instead of also conataining all the defaults). Dealing with a 1KLOC file each time there's an update is just not practicable, at all.

Perhaps I'm missing something.

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/