Re: [QUESTION] landscaped table orientation using XEP?

> The docbook xsls put a <fo:block-container reference-orientation="90"> around
> the table if the it has the attribute orient="land". I did some experiments
> with XEP 2.7 (which also requires absolute-position="fixed" on the
> block-container to use reference-orientation) and the evaluation version of
> 3.0, but never got good results. My understanding of block-container is that
> if the content of the table won't fit on one page, then it just flows off
> into never-never land rather than flowing to a new page.

Yes, we tried to find a consistent implementation of multipage rotated containers
but it doesn't turn out to be useful. If a block-container is rotated or if
both dimensions are specified then it generates one area.

The proper way to markup landscape tables is to use landscape-oriented (or rotated)
pages. Exactly what Ken Holman's stylesheet does.  <http://www.cranesoftwrights.com/resources/psmi/index.htm>

David Tolpin
RenderX