Re: Re: Announce: DocBook XSL Stylesheets V1.55.0released

Norman Walsh wrote:

> |   Why are files included/imported from the web?
>
> Because any other URI depends on my local organization and history has
> demonstrated that mine is not the one true way. Everytime I include a
> URI of the form "../../stuff" or worse "file:///stuff", it fails for
> someone (and almost everyone, respectively).

That's true and I think that this approach should be used e.g. to access
standard XSL stylesheets from website and slides customizations. OTOH
inside of one package I think relative URLs will cause less trouble as
not everyone is prepared to use catalog files. I mean that I will prefer
relative import of docbook.xsl from chunk.xsl, not absolute. But this
must be really something new, later versions of stylesheets used
relative references in this particular case.

				Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz