Newbie Qs: 1.53 Errors and admon Graphics w/PDF

I've been following along and learn quite a bit every day.  I hope I'm
not being too basic for this list with a couple of questions (I've
looked through the excellent XSL documentation but can't detect what
might help me here).  I'm using XSL 1.50.0/FOP/Saxon and everything is
going well except 1) I can't get admon graphics to work when rendering
to PDF (I'm not currently using HTML) - FOP reports:
[WARN]: table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
[WARN]: current implementation of tables requires a table-column for
each column
, indicating column-width

The FO is:
<fo:block
id="d48e11"><fo:table><fo:table-body><fo:table-row><fo:table-cell
number-rows-spanned="2"><fo:block><fo:external-graphic width="auto"
height="auto" src="images/note.png"
content-width="36pt"/></fo:block></fo:table-cell><fo:table-cell><fo:block
font-size="14pt" font-weight="bold" hyphenate="false"
keep-with-next.within-column="always">Note</fo:block></fo:table-cell></fo:table-row><fo:table-row><fo:table-cell
number-columns-spanned="2"><fo:block>. . .

Is there an easy/direct way to get admon graphics to work when rendering
to PDF?  It works fine without graphics (0).

My second question, I want to use the more recent XSL stylesheets but
anything later than 1.50.0 and I get a ton of these errors:
[ERROR]: unknown font Courier,monospace,normal,normal so defaulted font
to any
[ERROR]: defaulted font to any,normal,normal
[ERROR]: unknown font Courier,monospace,normal,normal so defaulted font
to any
[ERROR]: defaulted font to any,normal,normal
[ERROR]: unknown font Courier,monospace,normal,normal so defaulted font
to any
[ERROR]: defaulted font to any,normal,normal
etc, etc!

Then, of course, in my resulting PDF output, all fonts are the same.  I
think I'm missing something very fundamental and would like to use the
more recent stylesheets.  I've done very little with my customization
layer: put in David Cramer's procedure/step template (fixed the extra
empty line in steps - whew!), set callout graphic, body.font.master, and
shade.verbatim.  Oh, that reminds me of one more question - I read in
the archive that to get shade.verbatim to work with programlisting, I
would have to put a new programlisting template in the customization
layer - is this still the case?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

-- Andy