Re: Re: DOCBOOK: How to switch off draft mode

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 11:04:33AM +0200, Gisbert Amm wrote:
> Bob Stayton wrote:
>
> >On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 04:49:28PM +0200, Gisbert Amm wrote:
> >

> >>Switching off the draft mode in my customization layer doesn't help. Or didn't I do enough?:
> >>I thought setting
> >>
> >>  <xsl:param name="draft.mode" select="'no'"/>
> >>
> >>would switch the draft mode off, but it actually didn't. Still all this messages.
> >>What to do else?
> >>
> >>Any advice is appreciated.
> >>

> >The new page master setup that Norm put in place includes
> >in each fo output file a bunch of 'draft' simple-page-masters
> >in case they are needed by a given page sequence.  These
> >draft page masters have those properties, and they
> >are being processed by FOP, even when they are
> >never referenced by any page-sequence in the document.
> >
> >You can turn them off by setting the fop.extensions
> >parameter to 1.  If you don't want fop.extensions, then you
> >can set the draft.watermark.image parameter to blank ''.
> >That also turns them off in the page masters.
> >

> Thank you very much. Both solutions work.
>
> Nevertheless I still get loads of several other error messages:
>
> [ERROR] Error in column-width property value '33%': org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException: No conversion defined
>
> [ERROR] Error in relative-align property value 'baseline': org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException: No conversion defined
>
> [ERROR] fo:marker must be an initial child,and 'marker-class-name' must be unique for same parent
>
> [ERROR] property - "linefeed-treatment" is not implemented yet.
>
> I could ignore all of them and write the whole output to /dev/null
> because the generated PDF seems quite o.k. But I want to understand
> what's going on here (or if I could do something).

Most of these are XSL-FO features that are not yet in
FOP.  We are still in the awkward stage of trying
to write correct FO for processors that don't handle
correct FO.  Fortunately, the output seems to survive
the problems in FOP, more or less.

Someone could write a filter that takes the correct FO
and removes the items offensive to the current version
of FOP.

The error about the fo:marker was a bug.  I filed it
and fixed it in CVS.

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com