Re: title page issues

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 12:10:13AM +0200, luc wrote:
> thanks for your help, patrick
>
> still, im left with the following issue ( unless i misunderstood you):
>
> to be able to generate the table to generate the box around the title, i
> need to WRAP the titlepage with a table (body/row/cell).
> In my understanding, its like if i have to replace the wrapper="fo:block"
> with wrapper="fo:table", (but with more things into the table...)
>
> or maybe I should be able to incoprporate literal text into
> <t:titlepage-content side="recto"> ?

I think for a layout-driven title page where you know
exactly what you want, you are better off abandoning the
title page generator process.  The stylesheet generator
is useful when you just need to select the titlepage elements and
their order.  But getting it to generate a complex FO table
is harder than simply writing the FO table as an XSL
template as you have done.

So just create a file named something like mytitlepage.xsl
containing what you want:

<xsl:stylesheet etc. >
<xsl:template name="book.titlepage.recto">
   <fo:block>
    <fo:table border-width="0.1pt" border-style="solid">
       <fo:table-column column-width="50mm"/>
       <fo:table-column column-width="50mm"/>
        <fo:table-column column-width="50mm"/>
       <fo:table-body>
         <fo:table-row >
         <fo:table-cell   border-width="0.1pt" border-style="solid">
          <fo:block>
            ORIGINATOR :
            <xsl:apply-templates mode="book.titlepage.recto.auto.mode" select="b
ookinfo/corpauthor"/> <!-- this is broken . why ? -->
                      <!-- ************** Not sure, it worked for me -->
          </fo:block>
         </fo:table-cell  >
 [etc.]

</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

And then add this line to your fo customization layer
after you import the main fo stylesheet:

  <xsl:include href="mytitlepage.xsl"/>

Your template will simply override the default of the same
name, and you don't have to do any maintenance when you
upgrade the stylesheet release.

You may want further control over how particular elements
are handled (for example, the default handling of corpauthor
is to precede it with the word "by").   You could add a template
like:

<xsl:template match="bookinfo/corpauthor" mode="book.titlepage.recto.mode">
  <fo:block>
    <xsl:text> </xsl:text>
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

And do that for any other element you need special
handling for on the title page.

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com