Re: html-xslt comments, questions, requests

Bob Stayton wrote:
Well, I thought the divs were there to *enable*
CSS control by supplying class names to be used
as selectors.  At least, that's how I use them.
Yes but they also create box containers which implies rectangular formatting and carriage return for example.

And also, I don't see the need for code like

As you can very well style this with the "h1.title" CSS selector, and have only

<h1 class="title">My Title</h1>

same thing for paragraphs, lists, tables... err... well.. everything... I think <div>s can (should) be completely avoided.

XSLT doesn't have a built-in feature to
create directories, so building the output tree would
have to be done with extensions.
I tried to supply both xalan and saxon with directories and they created them as needed ("test/test.html" the test folder was created).

Another approach is to put your path sequence in
the id attribute of your chunk elements and
set the 'use.id.as.filename' parameter to 1.
You can't use "/", but you can use "-" or "_".
For example:
<chapter id="myBook_myPart_myChapter">
would produce a file named "myBook_myPart_myChapter.html".
Mmm, yeah, well still have the extension there.

:-(

Also, have you looked at the 'website' extension of DocBook
to build websites?  It's available for download from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/docbook/
Yes, but what I'm really interested in is to have the same DTD for a document that will both be printed and published online.

I'm not sure what the "book chunk" is.  The top level chunk
for a book is the title page, which may include a legalnotice,
and does include the TOC.  Are you referring to
the title page as the book chunk?
Yes. Could the top level title page contain the preface?

I haven't seen this, but I think it could be a nice
feature.  So the title page would have a link
to "Table of Contents", right?  This would be similar
to the 'generate.legalnotice.link' parameter.

Yeah, again, for the website application, this would be nice to generate sitemaps.

vincent