Re: Looking for docbook editor and easier config toolfor stylesheets

> is there a useful editor for docbook? Abiword is not really good to
> produce docbook files. Emacs is not bad but is generally designed to
> edit all kind of text not specialized for docbook.

Have you tried Emacs with XAE?  Or with psgml (which makes up a major
part of XAE)?
	<http://xae.sunsite.dk/>
	<http://www.lysator.liu.se/~lenst/about_psgml/>

> I would prefer a Java implementation to be able work on several
> plattforms (with the same interface).

Emacs with XAE isn't implemented in Java, but still works well, and
very similarily, on Solaris, linux, and Win32, in my experience.