Re: htmlhelp.xsl in docbook 1.50.0

Jirka Kosek wrote:
> > The reason I ask (and the reason I think it might be important to
> > support Xalan in spite of this current deficiency in its
> > functionality) is that I know there are some packaged products,
> > with a installed user base, that use Xalan built-in for doing XSLT
> > transforms. So moving over the product to using Saxon or xsltproc
> > would mean updating the whole installed user base.
> >
> > Also, I think a lot of the people using these packaged products
> > are likely to be Windows users, the very ones that would really
> > benefit from and value having built-in, off-the-shelf support in
> > the packaged application for generating HTML Help using the
> > process you've developed.
>
> You are right. I will try to solve this issue.

Well, I'm for few days out of fast and cheap connection (just mobile
phone with GPRS) and I found just 3 different and probably old copys of
Xalan on my computer. However no one of them is able to process common
chunk stylesheet.

These version are:
Xalan-C 1.3 - it doesn't support chunking
Xalan-J 1.? - it fails with strange error message
Xalan-J 2.2.0-D13 - fails with arrayoutofindexbound exception

Is there any version of Xalan-J which is know to work with current
stylesheets? I can't download other version for now, and precise version
will be great help for me, so I can adjust htmlhelp.xsl to work also
with Xalan.

			Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz