Re: DOCBOOK: Query.

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Jirka Kosek wrote:

> documents -- doing really good, generaly usable and flexible conversion
> from LaTeX to other formats like HTML is impossible. However this is
> possible with DocBook where grammar of document is precisely defined by

Say for someone who doesnt wish to define his/her own macros, wont
packages like latex2html, pdflatex be able to generate the required
format??

Also in real life, it is possible people are not *that* interested in
defining their macros... Personally, I might find what LaTeX gives
me is good enough? Will then too DocBook have any advantages over LaTeX?

I might be over critical, but one of the reasons for that is I have a
good WYSIWYG editor LYX for Latex, which even my non-technical people
can use... But for DocBook, wont they face problems?

I would like to hear your opinions on that. It is possible that I have
been using LaTeX for some time and have started feeling comfortable with
it :)

Lastly, can any one tell me why I am not being able to generate dvi/ps
files from my sgml files.. The commands I am giving are:

$ jade -d /usr/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl-stylesheets/html/docbook.dsl -t
tex toc.sgm
$jadetex toc.tex

And the error I am getting is:

	"This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.3.1)
	jadetex: fatal: Could not undump 23165 4-byte item(s)."

Any suggestions on what is going wrong here will be welcome.

With Warm Regards
Dhar

PS: Hey, I have often posted on a number of mailing lists... But I guess
this is the first time I have got such quick responses. Thanks Guys! :))