Re: Sub-optimal PDF bookmark and index links from DSSSLtoolchain

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the tips.  However...

http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/doc/project/pascal/fixingproblems.html#d0e693

  > Not sure if it is quite the same problem.

I tried this and got a stream of error messages and no output.  By reading
the hyperref.sty code in the jadetex distribution and playing around with
the jadetex.cfg code given at that web page, I was able to get some output
(with one error message).  The problem remains, but my various experiments
were able to change the target of the bookmarks to the previous chapter.  So
I think this is in the right direction.

As for indexing, the DSSSL customization alone, without the additional code
in the jadetex.cfg for producing TOC page numbers, runs without errors as
long as there is no index in the document (and of course it puts ?? in the
TOC for page numbers).  With an index included in the document, jade
produces this error:

jade:../../../config/printcustomizations.dsl:961:19:E: 1st argument for
primitive "node-list-address" of wrong type: "#<unknown object 142478824>"
not a singleton node list

The error was produced twice, once for each time node-list-address was called.

  > Do things get better if you stick
  >
  > \setlength{\emergencystretch}{0em}
  >
  > in jadetex.cfg?

Another negative.  Any more ideas?  I'm afraid this is pretty far beyond my
limited DSSSL- or jadetex.cfg- hacking experience.

Cheerio!

Bob

Robert McIlvride (robert@cogent.ca)
Cogent Real-Time Systems (www.cogent.ca)