Re: [DOCBOOK-APPS] Help needed formatting HTML fromXML/XSL

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 03:03:45PM +0100, Tim Timmerman wrote:
> [stuff deleted]
>
>      I can confirm that I get the expected result (i.e. text formatted
>      with section heads) when I use xsltproc. Starting to look like a
>      big bug, indeed. (verified this with the original Xalan build..)
>
>      I'll try and verify this with the Java version of Xalan, and am
>      open to other suggestions of (C/C++ or Java based) opensource
>      solutions to try.

I'd recommend xsltproc for a C solution.
It's fast, highly conformant, and the developer
(Daniel Veillard) responds quickly to bug reports.
It currently lacks most of the DocBook XSL extension
functions that Norm wrote for Java processors, but I
believe he and Norm discussed that recently.
Saxon is the best Java processor, IMHO.

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com