Re: Labelling of figures

The most straightforward solution would be to use <sect1> for the top
level section, and <section> for the rest, and then include <sect1> as
ancestor in block-autolabel, instead of <section>.

If you can't make this change I'd suggest selecting the first <section>
ancestor of the current <section> and make it the "object" to extract
the element-label from. You will have:

      (secn (element-label object))

instead of:

       (secn (element-label (ancestor (normalize "section") nd)))

But FIRST you need to get this "object":

    ( object ?????

but I'm lost here. I'm sure somebody in the list could help here. It's
just to get the first <section> ancestor of the current <section>. If null,
the current <section> is what you are looking for.

Sorry If this isn't of too much help.

Regards,

Juan R. Migoya
SPAIN