Re: Re: Bibliography management/BibTex equivalent

On Saturday 26 January 2002 05:22, Markus Hoenicka wrote:
> I believe what you have in mind is much easier to achieve with driver
> files for the stylesheets. Your software just needs to emit a proper
> driver file for the style you want to apply. This happens to be the
> way RefDB (http://refdb.sourceforge.net) deals with this problem.

Yes, i know... (btw... i plan a RefDB backend in the near future for
JReferences...)

> No modifications to the DTD, no modifications to the stylesheet... just
> use them as nature created them...

The downside of this, however, is that you use extra software... and since
RefDB requires a SQL database in turn (JReferences does not btw, and can use
a file based database...), it poses extra requirements...

Using the stylesheet approach is less straightforward, that is absolutely
true, and i just might add such driver files for journals as well, but using
stylesheets might just be a bit more light weight...

Egon