Re: HTMLHelp, XSL Driver File,Book Request for XSL customizations

On 01/22/02 7:41, "Maggie Strevell" <maggie@ssinc.com> wrote:

> First:  A preface can't come before a book.  I tried anyway, but Saxon gives
> an error message and looking at the DocBook Hierarchy, it appears <preface>
> must be nested in something like <book>. Thought of using <set>, but if I am
> reading the nesting of elements properly, you can't have a <preface> inside
> a <set> before a <book>.  I've tried a few things, but have gotten worse
> results than the code I show here.
I misunderstood your question. I thought you wanted something that goes
before the content but still inside the book.

I don't think there's a way of doing what you're looking for

> Second:  I've been overriding the parameters that are simple, such as those
> specified in the documentation found at xsl\doc\html\index.html (params that
> the param.xsl refers to).  This time I need to specify something that isn't
> in that list.  Maybe the question should be: "How do I reference the
> ImageType parameter from a XSL driver file without having to override the
> entire template?"
If it's not a parameter, then the only way I know of is to redo the template
as you did in your previous message.

> Third: I'm open for more suggestions on where to find help on customizing
> stylesheets via a driver file.  Does an XSL driver file that produced the
> HTMLHelp for docbook exist?  If it's on the CD, I will keep looking.
Again I misunderstood the question. After looking around the distribution
and the TDG CS, it looks like htmlhelp.xsl is the file that is used when
generating htmlhelp. I couldn't find a driver either.

I apologize for the confusion the previous answer may have caused
Carlos

--
Carlos E. Araya
---+ WebCT Administrator/Trainer
 P | California Virtual Campus
 - | C/O De Anza College
 G | 21250 Stevens Creek Blvd
---+ Cupertino, CA 95014

email               carlos@cvc.edu
web                 http://www.cvc1.org/ (work)
                    http://www.silverwolf-net.net (personal)
phone               408 257 0420 (work)
PGP Fingerprint:    E629 5DFD 7EAE 4995 E9D7  3D2F 5A9F 0CE7 DFE7 1756

Paradoxically, a refusal to 'put a monetary value on life' means that life
is often undervalued.
-- Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach