Re: Fw: Re: XHTML Stylesheets

Hi,
> |  My question is if would not be the best to create seperate xhtml
> | stylesheets
>
> No.
>
> |  that create no presentation markup and rely completely on css.
>
> Yes. :-)
I think I am going to understand concept of xsl parametrization and why it
would not require to create a new set of stylesheets.

For creating valid XHTML 1.0 Strict/XHTML 1.1 we will have to
- change the doctype
- remove all presentation elements such as
 + font
 + basefont
- remove all presentation attributes such as
 + <body bgcolor="...
 + <body text="...
 + link, vlink, alink
 + width, height e.g in tables, images
 + anchors need to be <a id="..." instead of <a name="
 + img must have an alt attribute, even if it is empty (omitting is not
allowed)
 + one thing that was already mentioned, the proper nesting of elements:
there are no div elemtents allowed inside p elements (validator.w3.org says:
"Error: element "div" not allowed here; possible cause is an inline element
containing a block-level element"),
so we have to replace nearly all p elements by div elements, one exception
would be the simpara-->p transformation, which seems to be ok.
this are the first things that have come into mind, so this list has to be
filled.

enjoy your sunday.

Lars Trieloff