Re: Re: toc frame in slides

Norman Walsh wrote:

> / David Cramer <david_cramer@broadjump.com> was heard to say:
> | I've seen it with another underscore, e.g. fr_FR_EURO
> | See: http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/userguide/locale.html
>
> Yes, Java seems to suggest the underscore. But doesn't that introduce
> ambiguity?  Suppose I want English, I don't care what country, with
> the htmlhelp variation.  That would notionally be 'en_htmlhelp', but
> that makes htmlhelp look like a country.
>
> We could mandate that if you use a variant, you must specify the
> country, I suppose.

In the toString() it looked like they provide extra underscores where
appropriate. So I suppose that the example above would be en__htmlhelp.

excerpt:
Getter for the programmatic name of the entire locale, with the
language, country and variant separated by underbars. Language is always
lower case, and country is always upper case. If the language is
missing, the string will begin with an underbar. If both the language
and country fields are missing, this function will return the empty
string, even if the variant field is filled in (you can't have a locale
with just a variant-- the variant must accompany a valid language or
country code). Examples: "en", "de_DE", "_GB", "en_US_WIN", "de__POSIX",
"fr_MAC"

Eric