Re: need help with emacs psgml local variables to linkan external entity to it's parent

Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@opushealthcare.com> writes:

> I have a book.xml which includes a toc etc. where the chapters are included
> as external entiry refs (eg. chapter1.xml, chapter2.xml etc.). I remember
> seeing and myabe even using PSGML''s local varibale section at the base of
> the chapter?.xml documents in a <!-- --> comment to link the chapter to it's
> parent document (ie. book.xml).
>
> I set my PSGML catalog files up correctly -- parse DTD works for documents
> starting with the DOCTYPE declaration, but it doesn't work for my PSGML local
> variabl section chapter documents. This is what I've been using:
>
> [...]
>
> Am I missing some setting in the local variable section? Parse DTD gives be
> an "External entity CHAPTER not found" error. If someone has an example of
> what they do, that would probably help me.

You're not doing anything wrong. Looks like what you have is correct,
it's just that the "Parse DTD" menu command (sgml-parse-prolog, C-c
C-p) is never going to work for any document that doesn't contain a
DOCTYPE declaration. You have to parse the parent document instead.