Re: Very poor images (different problems)

En dom, 2001-11-11 a 20:31, Tammy Fox escribió:
> What are you using to generate the EPS images? I have seen poor image
> quality if you save an image as EPS in The GIMP.  Try using the
> command convert from the ImageMagick package to convert from JPG to
> PGM to EPS. You can resize the image while converting it to EPS using the
> --density option to convert so the images do not fall off the page.

Well, I've been playing around with the 'convert' program, but didn't
solved my problems in PDF, though the images appered perfectly on the
DVI and PS output.

I've been looking here and I have found the command 'pdfjadetex'...
Great!! It has solved the quality problems! I use now PNG files instead
of the EPS ones and it parses them pretty well.

But I still have the problem of the size. I don't know how to calculate
the correspondence between exported files in Openoffice and the size
they need in the pdf file...

Lets say that the image width in Openoffice is 12.5 cm. I export it to
PNG and it apperes a lot bigger	in the pdf (or dvi) files. What can I do
to solve this?

Thanks a lot!