xep 2.7 is having trouble with docbook FO output

I'm experimenting with version 2.7 of XEP on vanilla FO output from
docbook-xsl-1.45 and 1.46-experimental.

XEP is having trouble, generating multiple instances of the following error:

"Attribute 'master-reference' is required and must be specified for element
type 'fo:conditional-page-master-reference'"

I'm not up on the recommendation so I don't know if and/or whose bug this
might be.

I've cross posted to XSL-FO as well.

regards.                      ...edN