Re: color coding

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 02:09:14PM +0200, Arjan Huijzer wrote:
> Thanks for the advice. I especially like the code2html application. I would
> like to extend my DocBook "framework" to include it. What I would like to
> accomplish is this: if a <programlisting> element has the attribute "role"
> set, apply syntax highlighting in that language e.g. <programlisting
> role="html">.
>
> How can i do this? Any help is greatly appreciated!

I'd have done this another way, to allow processing to print as well
as HTML, by modifying eg. code2html to be able to produce docbook tags
instead of HTML tags (should not be that hard), and having a
pre-processor phase that would feed each programlisting to the tagger
and reconstruct a docbook file with tagged programlisting's.

Indeed such a thing is on my TODO list, although there are many many
other things on top of it.

--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Free-Software Engineer				      Ingénieur Logiciel-Libre