Re: Producing Printable output from docbook...neverending story, this time: DSSSL

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 03:43:04PM +0200, Alexander Schatten wrote:
> I dont know how frustrated others might be, but I am definitly. docbook
> seems to be very promising, but makes so many problems in nearly each
> detail.
>
> I managed to produce html output, even with images, but try to make
> printable (PDF) output.
>
> (1) as I am used to xsl, I tried the way using the Walsh xsl
> stylesheets, xslt, and fo.
>
> this basically works with the very expensice xep, but not with apache
> FOP (has too many bugs yet).
>
> (2) o.k. now I thought I try the DSSSL stylesheets and Jade:
>
> I installed jade, works with the jtest.sgm and produces correct jtest.rtf.
>
> but when I try to test the Walsh DSSSL stylesheets with the test.sgm I
> receive:

> nsgmls:I: SP version "1.3.3"
> nsgmls:test.sgm:1:61:W: cannot generate system identifier for public
> text "-//Da
> venport//DTD DocBook V3.0//EN"

Do you have DocBook 3.0 installed ?  jade/sp did not find it.

> when I try Jade with DSSSL stylesheets on my docbook document I receive
> tons of errors like:

> jade:D:\Programme\JavaTools\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\cocoon\docbook\docbook_dtd\en
> t/iso-lat2.ent:116:18:E: "X0175" is not a function name

When processing an XML file, call "jade -d stylesheet /path/to/xml.dcl document.xml".

--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Free-Software Engineer				      Ingénieur Logiciel-Libre