DocBook XSL Failure Under Windows NT

Folks

I'm using the standard DocBook XSL stylesheet version 1.44 to render using
IE and it's XML parser. This works fine using IE5, IE5.5 or IE6 under
Windows 2000 or XP. However, when I try to view the same XML pages using IE
on any NT4 workstation, I get the following error message:

The XML page cannot be displayed Cannot view XML input using XSL style
sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh
<javascript:location.reload()> button, or try again later.
Error while parsing
"file:///I:/Applications/....../docbook/xsl/docbook-xsl/common/l10n.xml".
System does not support the specified encoding.

The problem appears to be something to do with the files in /common being
encoded as us-ascii, but I cannot see why, or find a resolution.

Any and all suggestions much appreciated.

Jason Buckley

This communication contains information that is confidential and may also be
privileged.  Any offers and/or commitments made within this document are
subject to contract and without prejudice.  It is for the exclusive use of
the intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s) please
note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or
the information within it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this communication in error, please return it with the
subject line "received in error" to it.security@ramesys.com then delete the
mail and destroy any copies of it.

www.ramesys.com