Re: Solution to funky TOCs in HTML Help...

"Bradford, Denis" <denisb@rational.com> writes:

> According to my XSLT book, XSLT has lots of ways to control the
> generation of white-space nodes - elements like space, preserve-space,
> and strip-space elements - in contrast to HTML where the spec is not
> very precise,

Rules are precise but "difficult"; HTML's SGML declarations defines how
to treat whitespace.

> and so different browsers handle whitespace differently.

That's the truth. And to some degree it's their right to treat
whitespace differently; often browsers get whitespace handling wrong
('cos HTML is often wrong ('cos the browsers are wrong)).  The way out
is to use xhtml and to tell browser vendors to fix their products.

--
ke@suse.de (work) / keichwa@gmx.net (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o