Re: First stable release of the Gnome XSLT library (fwd)

Kevin,

> 	Just thought I'd pass along this information about an XSLT
> library... If you didn't know, Gnome and KDE are Linux desktop
> environments. It looks like this library can be compiled on other
> platforms also.

Thanks for the heads-up... I've been using libxslt (on a Linux box)
for a couple of weeks now and have been *very* pleased with how it
has handled XML/XSLT.  It does not require Java and just runs from the
command prompt (as "xsltproc").  I have been very pleased with the output
for HTML pages.

After reading your note, I went and downloaded the 1.0 release. The only
"gotcha" is that you need to also download Norm's 1.41 XSL stylesheets
to use libxslt with chunking.  (Norm rewrote part of chunker.xsl and
Daniel Veillard (libxslt author) modified part of libxslt for the new
way of working with the stylesheets.)

But I can report that the two work very well together and all the
processing seems to be going fine.

Regards
Dan

P.S. here again is the libxslt download info:

--
Dan York, Director of Training        dyork@e-smith.com
Ph: +1-613-751-4401  Mobile: +1-613-263-4312 Fax: +1-613-564-7739