This is the mail archive of the
mailing list .
Re: alternate ulinks for print and html?
- To: docbook-apps at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: alternate ulinks for print and html?
- From: Norman Walsh <ndw at nwalsh dot com>
- Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 10:13:08 -0400
- References: <200106211916.AA329975436@hams-hsc.hsc.edu>
/ Kevin Dunn <firstname.lastname@example.org> was heard to say:
| Is it possible to provide different URLs for ulinks depending on whether I am using a print or html stylesheet? I don't want to do this for all ulinks, just select ones. I am picturing something like:
| <ulink url="printurl.com" type="print">Somewhere</ulink>
| <ulink url="htmlurl.com" type="html">Somewhere Else</ulink>
| where only one of these would generate a link, depending on the backend. Is there an existing attribute for differentiating print and html markup?
I suggest using the 'condition' attribute and modifying the stylesheets
to selectively process only print or online conditioned ulinks.
Be seeing you,
Norman Walsh <email@example.com> | Where it is permissible both to
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | die and not to die, it is an abuse
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | of valour to die.--Mencius