This is the mail archive of the
mailing list .
Re: Q) newbie to docbook and chunking
- To: docbook-apps at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Q) newbie to docbook and chunking
- From: Holger Rauch <Holger dot Rauch at heitec dot de>
- Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 12:29:41 +0200 (CEST)
- Reply-to: Holger Rauch <Holger dot Rauch at heitec dot de>
On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Rafael R. Sevilla wrote:
> Frankly, I found the DSSSL route much too clunky, so I decided to go the
> XSL route. Three things are needed to do it this way:
At least when using FOP, I don't have the impression that the XSL route
is yet ready for DocBook. One has to explicitly specify column widths in
tables, chapter/section names in headers are not yet supported because
fo:marker (hope I got it right) is yet missing in FOP, etc. I also heard
of some difficulties when working with larger documents (which means more
than some 20 pages).
> Rahtz's PassiveTeX. The latter can be used to typeset MathML, but it's
> relatively more difficult to set up than FOP (standard TeX installations
> that come with the Linux distros I use don't work very well...I had to get
> the 250 meg TeXLive ISO to do it!).
Could you please post the URL where it can be downloaded from?