This is the mail archive of the
mailing list .
Re: Bad Continuation of Multi-Byte UTF-8 Sequence
- To: docbook-apps at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Bad Continuation of Multi-Byte UTF-8 Sequence
- From: Holger Rauch <Holger dot Rauch at heitec dot de>
- Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:45:37 +0200 (CEST)
- Reply-to: Holger Rauch <Holger dot Rauch at heitec dot de>
Thanks for your reply!
On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> Holger Rauch writes:
> > Do you know how Emacs handles UTF-8? Is it perhaps converted to some other
> > encoding (e.g. iso-8859-1) when the document is saved?
> that depends on what you specify as the encoding!
Does that mean that if I want UTF-8, I explicitly have to specify
encoding="utf-8" in my XML declaration? I had the impression since utf-8
is the default encoding, it does not have to be specified explicitly, but
maybe I'm wrong...