This is the mail archive of the
mailing list .
Re: Small umlaut problem
- To: docbook-apps at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Small umlaut problem
- From: Norman Walsh <ndw at nwalsh dot com>
- Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 12:28:36 -0400
- References: <OF41A3FDED.5B5850FD-ONC1256A6F.005270BD@is.chbs>
/ firstname.lastname@example.org was heard to say:
| Redering xml docbook documents in HTML with jade (or openjade) gives me for
| umlauts two wrong characters instead of the correct umlaut. It is always a
| capital A with tilde and an extra special charcter, e.g. Pilcrow sign
| (paragraph) for small a umlaut.
Sounds like you're getting UTF 8 in the output. It's probably the right
character, try running tidy.
Be seeing you,
Norman Walsh <email@example.com> | There is no such thing as an
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | absolute certainty, but there is
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | assurance sufficient for the
| purposes of human life.--John
| Stuart Mill