This is the mail archive of the
mailing list .
Re: DOCBOOK: chunker.xsl for EXSLT
- To: Norman Walsh <ndw at nwalsh dot com>
- Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: DOCBOOK: chunker.xsl for EXSLT
- From: Uche Ogbuji <uche dot ogbuji at fourthought dot com>
- Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 12:06:50 -0600
- Cc: docbook-apps at lists dot oasis-open dot org, docbook at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Organization: Fourthought, Inc.
- References: <3B1AEF01.3D633729@fourthought.com> <email@example.com>
Norman Walsh wrote:
> [ Followups to docbook-apps, please. ]
> / Uche Ogbuji <firstname.lastname@example.org> was heard to say:
> | Attached is an adaptation of html/chunker.xsl from the DB stylesheets
> | which provides support for processors that support EXSLT
> | (http://exslt.org). e.g. Saxon and 4XSLT.
> I've added exsltchunk.xsl and exsltchunker.xsl to CVS, but I can't
> tell if they work or not. 4XSLT (from 4Suite 0.11) doesn't support
> xsl:apply-imports and Saxon 6.3 doesn't seem to support
> exslt:document, so none of my tests succeed, although I think they should.
This is a known and fixed bug in 4Suite 0.11 (actually, I added the exslt chunker while fixing and testing the fix of this very apply-imports bug). All works just fine with 4Suite 0.11.1b2
I hope you don't mind downloading this update and confirming the fix,
and that the EXSLT chunker works for you.
As for SAXON, I too noticed missing exslt:document support when doing
comparative testing, but the Saxon home page does claim that version 6.3
supports EXSLT, so I'm not sure what's up.
Uche Ogbuji Principal Consultant
email@example.com +1 303 583 9900 x 101
Fourthought, Inc. http://Fourthought.com
4735 East Walnut St, Ste. C, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management