This is the mail archive of the
mailing list .
Re: Q. DocBook and PSGML using split document
- To: Jeffrey Franks <jfranks at tgn dot net>, docbook-apps at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Q. DocBook and PSGML using split document
- From: Nik Clayton <nik at nothing-going-on dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:54:54 +0100
- References: <3B294779.129C6AC1@tgn.net>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On Friday 15 June 2001 12:23 am, Jeffrey Franks wrote:
> The problem is that I can't edit the pieces because the DOCTYPE
> declaration is missing on purpose. PSGML provides Emacs with that neat
> way of providing clues so that the parent file is specified. I've read
> the PSGML docs and just can't figure out what to put into the various
> fields (see section
1. Your master document is called book.sgml
2. Each chapter has its own directory, and is called chapter.sgml
(so foo/chapter.sgml, bar/chapter.sgml, and so on).
3. Each <chapter> appears inside a <part> in book.sgml
Something like this:
sgml-parent-document: ("../book.sgml" "part" "chapter")
The ../chapter.decl contains your DOCTYPE line for each chapter. The file
we use has the line
<!DOCTYPE chapter PUBLIC "-//FreeBSD//DTD DocBook V3.1-Based Extension//EN">
but adjust this as necessary. You will also need to adjust the
sgml-parent-document setting if your chapters are directly under the <book>
element, instead of being inside a <part>.
Internet connection, $19.95 a month. Computer, $799.95. Modem, $149.95.
Telephone line, $24.95 a month. Software, free. USENET transmission,
hundreds if not thousands of dollars. Thinking before posting, priceless.
Somethings in life you can't buy. For everything else, there's MasterCard.
-- Graham Reed, in the Scary Devil Monastery
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (FreeBSD)
Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----