This is the mail archive of the
mailing list .
Q. DocBook and PSGML using split document
- To: docbook-apps at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Q. DocBook and PSGML using split document
- From: Jeffrey Franks <jfranks at tgn dot net>
- Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 18:23:37 -0500
- Organization: MotifTools.org
- Reply-to: jfranks at tgn dot net
I couldn't find a PSGML for dummies for the following question.
DocBook provides a way scaling up a document and breaking it into
pieces and identifying the pieces with entities that have the actual
The problem is that I can't edit the pieces because the DOCTYPE
is missing on purpose. PSGML provides Emacs with that neat way of
clues so that the parent file is specified. I've read the PSGML docs and
just can't figure out what to put into the various fields (see section
Using a Split Document). However I try to interpret what's being said
sgml-parent-document: (book.xml book* part1 (part*)?)
Can someone provide a small example of the parent and child document
and how to fill in the PSGML clue to Emacs?