This is the mail archive of the
mailing list .
Re: Slightly OT: Editor Encoding Issues
- To: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian dot rahtz at computing-services dot oxford dot ac dot uk>
- Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Slightly OT: Editor Encoding Issues
- From: Holger Rauch <Holger dot Rauch at heitec dot de>
- Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 21:58:31 +0200 (CEST)
- Cc: docbook-apps at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Reply-to: Holger Rauch <Holger dot Rauch at heitec dot de>
On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> why use these horrible encodings anyway? whats wrong with the default
> utf-8, which emacs is well able to support?
In fact, nothing is wrong with utf-8 ,-) I just didn't know that Emacs
supports it by default *hehe*. Not knowing about that was the reason why I
was using that encoding stuff.