This is the mail archive of the
mailing list .
Non SGML Character Number?
- To: docbook-apps at lists dot oasis-open dot org
- Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Non SGML Character Number?
- From: Holger Rauch <Holger dot Rauch at heitec dot de>
- Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 19:33:30 +0200 (CEST)
- Reply-to: Holger Rauch <Holger dot Rauch at heitec dot de>
I'm suddenly having trouble parsing German XML documents. When using PSGML
mode in Emacs and parsing my DocBook XML V4.1.2 document, I get numerous
messages of the form:
nsgmls:DecisionBrowser.xml:109:15:E: non SGML character number 129
If I substitute my umlauts by ae, oe, or ue, respectively, this error goes
away. The document in question is an article having lang="de" as an
My XML declaration is specified as follows:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" standalone="no"?>
My SGML_CATALOG_FILES variable contains (the newline characters are just
here for readability):
What's going on here?
Thanks in advance for any help!