Re: XSL stylesheets and libxslt - are there knownproblems?

/ Robert Collins <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au> was heard to say:
| My environment:
| libXML - current stable.
| libxslt - 0.10.0, with a patch to add doctype to HTML chunked files.
| docbookXML 4.1.2
| docbookXSL 1.2.9

Try a later XSL release from sourceforge.net/projects/docbook/

| * The article TOC only gets the first entry. The legal section (GFDL)
| doesn't appear in the article TOC. IIRC it does appear with the DSSSL
| stylesheets.

Small sample document, please.

| * xref's are generating errors. I don't believe any are working. I'm
| going to generate a minimal testcase for this. The errors look like
| ==
| Error: no ID for constraint linkend: q-mailing-list.
| XRef to nonexistent id: q-mailing-list
| ==
| and the xref is linking to a question element. (which does exist with
| that id.). I've tried quoting the id ("'foo'" rather than "foo") but it
| didn't appear to change anything.

I bet your document doesn't have a !DOCTYPE declaration. They're only
IDs if the DTD says they are. Otherwise they're just attributes that
happened to be named id.

| * Question auto-numbering isn't working. As far as I can tell, the
| label.content template isn't being called for questions or answers. We
| have qandadiv elements, and they are being number correctly. I've tried
| explicitly turning on qanda.inherit.numeration, although I believe it's
| meant to be on by default.

Oh, there's probably problems with the stylesheets in this area.
Sample, please.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--