FWD: URL not reachable with xalan - http proxy server

"Estey, Robert" wrote:

> > C:\ozonedoc\ozonedoc>ant -verbose
> > Ant version 1.3 compiled on March 2 2001
> >
> > Buildfile: build.xml
> > Detected Java Version: 1.3
> > Detected OS: Windows 2000
> > parsing buildfile C:\ozonedoc\ozonedoc\build.xml with URI =
> > file:C:/ozonedoc/ozo
> > nedoc/build.xml
> > Project base dir set to: C:\ozonedoc\ozonedoc
> > Build sequence for target `htmldocs' is [prepare, htmldocs]
> > Complete build sequence is [prepare, htmldocs, pdfdocs, clean, all]
> >
> > prepare:
> >
> > htmldocs:
> >      [java] Forking java -classpath
> > C:\ozonedoc\ozonedoc\xalan-j_1_2_2\xalan.jar
> >
> ;C:\ozonedoc\ozonedoc\xalan-j_1_2_2\xerces.jar;C:\ozonedoc\ozonedoc\xalan-j_
> > 1_2_
> > 2\bsf.jar org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -IN ozone.xml -XSL
> > drivers/xhtmldriver.x
> > sl -OUT ozone.html
> >      [java] ========= Parsing
> > file:C:/ozonedoc/ozonedoc/drivers/xhtmldriver.xsl
> > ==========
> >      [java] Parse of file:C:/ozonedoc/ozonedoc/drivers/xhtmldriver.xsl
> took
> > 7541
> >  milliseconds
> >      [java] ========= Parsing file:C:/ozonedoc/ozonedoc/ozone.xml
> ==========
> >      [java] XSL Error: Could not parse file:C:/ozonedoc/ozonedoc/ozone.xml
> > docum
> > ent!
> >      [java] XSLT: Operation timed out: connect
>
> eric richardson eric@milagrosoft.com wrote:
>
> This may be trying to retreive the DTD from the network based on the
> doctype. Is that url reachable?
> <!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"
>          "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.0/docbookx.dtd";>

We confirmed that this won't work behind an HTTP proxy server. I don't
know if there are any ways to control this. Xalan-j 1.2.2 has validation
off unless you use the -VALIDATE option. We are just using the command
line version to transform docbook.

There have been discussions about local dtds and catalog code etc. but
now that I forced to figure out what to do I'm not sure. If we have a
non-changing relative path as the stuff is coming out of cvs as a
module; would that be a good option?

The Xerces v1 faq states:
Do not reference an external DTD or internal DTD subset at all. In this
case, no DTD will be read.
Couldn't figure out this but was able to do something like this but
don't know if that will work on windows.
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"
	"../dtds/docbkx412/docbookx.dtd">

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Eric