Re: Customizing Jadetex

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> Juan R. Migoya writes:
>  > How can I customize Jadetex withou modifying the Jadetex.dtx file? I
> if there are substantial areas where you need to fiddle with JadeTeX,
> something is very wrong. Jadetex is supposed to be a black box, NOT
> something that you configure.

> I'd be very surprised indeed to find anything you need to know thats
> different in MikTeX, as opposed to whatever TeX I use, except how to
> build a format file.
>
> sebastian

Thanks for your reply.
In fact, yesterday I realized  there are problems with fancyhdr.sty and
jadetex: some versions fit together and some don't.

So, I think the right questions are:

1) Surprise!! : Where is the official site to download the latest OFFICIAL version
of Jadetex?

2) Can I find out what version of fancyhdr do I need to work with that version
of jadetex.

As an example:

Previously, Jadetex used:

\def\headheight{ 12pt }%

Now, it uses,

\headheigh12pt

If you are not using the right fancyhdr, it complains about one of these sentences.

Another question:

It seems that the following lines in Jadetex:

\evensidemargin\LeftMargin
\evensidemargin\RightMargin

should be replaced by:

\ifnum\PageTwoSide=0
    \evensidemargin\LeftMargin
 \else
    \evensidemargin\RightMargin
 \fi

but I'm not sure because the previous one worked ok. May be a change
in the DSSSL of Norm. Sorry but I'm confused.

Thanks again and regards,

Juan R. Migoya

TEAM S.L.
ZAMUDIO (VICAYA)