Workaround for JadeTex extra pages?

Has anyone yet come up with a way to get around the extra pages
being generated by JadeTex 3.3 at a component level?  I have seen
the message where Sebastian indicates he will look into it:

  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200102/msg00060.html

and I have written Sebastian directly about this... but in the
meantime I wondered if anyone else has yet figured out a way
around this.

The issue is that with JadeTex 3.3, which fixes a number of other
problems I was having, it introduces the effect that in a two-sided
document (which mine is), the assumption is made that each component
(chapter, appendix or front matter) will start on a RIGHT page.
In many cases, this may be the desirable behavior. In my case, it
is not.

The effect is that my 4 one-page appendices that were 2 printed
pages back-to-back, are now four separate pages with a blank page
on the back of each.  The same is true for several chapters that
have an odd number of pages.  It is also true for the front-matter
page with the copyright and info like that.  What I get now is:

  - titlepage
  - blank page
  - page with copyright, legalnotice, etc.
  - blank page
  - TOC

I want the legal stuff to be on the back of the title page.

Anyway, this appears to be a known issue and, as I said, I contacted
Sebastian directly.  I'm writing here simply because we need to send
the PDF file to printer *tomorrow* (Eastern US) and I'd really like
to kill those blank pages before I send it in.  If you want to see what
I am talking about, the PDF file is at:

  http://www.e-smith.org/docs/manual/4.1/userguide.pdf

Any advice/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,
Dan

P.S. This was done with DB 4.1/DSSSL 1.62/openjade 1.3/jadetex 3.3.
I applied the patches to openjade that were mentioned on this list.
(But the extra pages started appearing *after* I updated jadetex
and *before* I updated openjade)
--
Dan York, Director of Training        dyork@e-smith.com
Ph: +1-613-751-4401  Mobile: +1-613-263-4312 Fax: +1-613-564-7739