DocBook and CVS

Hi,

Generally speaking, this is more of an XML and CVS question, but since I am
specifically working with DocBook, I'm making a stab there first.

Has anyone successfully combined DocBook XML and CVS so that revision
information from CVS is merged with source DocBook XML?  Specifically, what I'd
like to be able to do is generate versions of a DocBook XML document that can be
styled to show what parts of a document have changed between CVS versions?  I'm
imagining a process that merges the CVS diff information with XML source to
insert revision and/or revisionflag attributes into the parent element of a
change area.

Thanks in advance.

Eric Bosch
Clinical DataFax Systems Inc.