Restarting chapter numbering with each part

Is there a way to specify that I want the chapter numbers in each part
of my document to start over at 1. For example:

I. Part I
   1. Chapter 1
   2. Chapter 2
II. Part II
   1. Chapter 1
   2. Chapter 2

What variable can I set either in the SGML source on in a customized
style sheet that will restart chapter numbering.

Thank you,

--
  Terry L Jeffress
  <tjeffress@altavista.net>