Re: website chunking bug

> Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:08:05 +0700
> From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
> Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: website chunking bug
>
> / Ian Atkin <Iana@Widelearning.com> was heard to say:
> | people,
> |
> | i'm using:-
> | - docbook xml v4.1.2
> | - website v1.8
> | - xerces v1.2.1
> | - xt 1999_11_05
> |
> | the doctype tag on the homepage is missing the first '<', meaning that IE
> | displays the doctype text!
>
> I think I did see this once, but I don't remember why. It might be
> XT-related, I suggest you try Saxon or Xalan.

My experience with this is that the problem is caused when the third parameter
to XT, the output filename, matches the name of one of the filenames auto
generated by the chunking algorithm.  For chunking, an output filename parameter
is not needed.  The most obvious example of this is a command like:

xt input.xsl xtchunk.xsl index.html params...

where the chunker is going to create index.html anyways.  In this case, omitting
the third argument, as in:

xt input.xsl xtchunk.xsl params...

does the trick.

Eric Bosch