Re: Conditional Transformation with XSL

Norman Walsh wrote:
> | General Question:
> |
> | Is this the right way for doing this kind of customization? I am not
> | very
> | happy about the fact that i've copied the content of the original
> | template
> | in my own template ad just added the <xsl:if ...>. Is there any way to
> | prevent this, so don't have to check my templates every time a new
> | release
> | of the stylesheets are available?
>
> Yes, use apply-imports:
>
> <xsl:stylesheet ...>
> <xsl:import href="/path/to/docbook/html/docbook.xsl"/>
>
> <xsl:template match="para">
>   <xsl:if test="@arch='online' or not(@arch)">
>     <xsl:apply-imports/>
>   </xsl:if>
> </xsl:template>
>
> </xsl:stylesheet>

Well actually this doesn't work at all. Now I get even more currupted
output! We got a little workaround for this problem now, so it's not
that tragic. Maybe these kind of customization is too complex for the
XSL-Engines availabe right now!! Anyway thanks for the tip ;-)

It would be nice for future versions of the stylesheets to take care
of some kind of userdefined conditions to generate output and some
userdefined conditions to ignore certain type of tags. This conditions
should be expressed in the common attribute "condition".

Thnak you!

Ali Saffari

PIRONET NDH
Dipl.-Ing. Ali Saffari - Junior Consultant - SBU Software
Josef-Lammerting-Allee 14-18 - 50933 Cologne - Germany
Tel.: +49 (0)221 770-1853 - Fax: +49 (0)221 770-1005
mailto:asaffari@pironet.com - http://www.pironet.com