Re: Re: DOCBOOK: Efficiently including images in DocBook

Nik Clayton writes:
 > > So that the TeX version will prefer PNG over EPS.
 >
 > How will that work?
 >
 > When I'm using the TeX backend to product postscript then I want it to
 > use EPS.  When I'm using the TeX backend to produce PDF then I want it
 > to use the PNG.

if you took a pace back, and let TeX handle it, you'd be better
off. Get TeX mode to *omit the suffix entirely* in the output, and
then the version of TeX (TeX or pdftex) can work out which file to
include. So write out a request for file "foo", and pdftex will choose
foo.pdf, and normal TeX will choose foo.eps

It sounds cock-eyed, but its the best solution.

Sebastian