Re: Non-English language problem

Jirka Kosek <jkj@kosek.cz> writes:

> On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, Ryszard Lach wrote:

> > My problem is that I have to write in polish language using iso-8859-2 (Latin2)
> > character set. Html documents in iso-8859-2 need to have a "meta http-equiv"
> > element in header to be displayed correctly,

> Almost all is prepared for you yet. If you use Polish language, you should
> set lang atribute to pl at the root element of your doc. E.g.
>
> <!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "...">
> <book lang="pl">
> </book>
>
> If you then use XSL or DSSSL stylesheets from Norm, you will get
> correct Polish messages for ToC, figure and other parts of document.

Using DSSSL you can specify addtional "meta" attributes with setting

    %html-header-tags%

cf. html-header-tags.html (on SuSE Linux:
http://localhost/doc/packages/docbkdsl/html/html/html-header-tags.html):

%html-header-tags%

Name

%html-header-tags% -- What additional HEAD tags should be generated?

Synopsis

%html-header-tags%

Description

A list of the the HTML HEAD tags that should be generated. The format is
a list of lists, each interior list consists of a tag name and a set of
attribute/value pairs: '(("META" ("NAME" "name") ("CONTENT" "content")))

Source Code

(define %html-header-tags%
  ;; What additional HEAD tags should be generated?
  '())

--
work : ke@suse.de                          |          ------    ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |         ------   _-\_<,